- Patented stretch technology with three interchangeable energy-storing hand plates.
- Proprietary strapping system that utilizes key anatomical points of control to maximize control and insure an intimate fit.
- Malleable wrist and thumb mount allows to further customize the fit.
- Comfortable non-slip cover and straps to keep fingers in the desired position.
- Straps sewn to cover to maximize proper positioning and ease of donning.
- Adjustable thumb system to allow for radial and palmar adduction/abduction.
- Special padding to help maintain the integrity of the palmer arch.
- Cover features a zip which allows it to be easily removed for cleaning.
- Normally, clients that have suffered a neurological injury, such as stroke, develop increased tightness in the hand known as contractures. If the hand is not maintained in an optimal position, over time the muscles can shorten, leading to contractures. Contractures can become painful and further limit the ability to regain hand function as one recovers.
- The SaeboStretch is designed for individuals that have experienced a neurological injury such as stroke, head injury, and spinal cord injury.
- In order to qualify for the SaeboStretch, clients must exhibit moderate stiffness or less. They must able to have their hand stretched completely flat (with their wrist and fingers at neutral) with assistance.
Clients that may not be appropriate for the SaeboStretch typically exhibit one or more of the below:
- Severe joint deformities of the hand may not be appropriate.
- Severe tightness in the hand and wrist.
- Severe swelling in the hand or wrist.
- Open wounds or compromised skin integrity.